sown on stony ground is a space for me to explore biogeoengineering and the use of modelling to evaluate its climate change mitigation potential. Desert greening – past, present and future – is the principal theme, although it touches on wider issues in afforestation, land management and the carbon market.

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Say it millenial times and it will start making sense

Today I learned that I'm a Millenial. My fellow Millenial Finn Harries argues that we Millennials must keep up the pressure following the Paris climate deal. Are you a Millenial? I hope this article inspires you take action. The future of the world is in Millenial hands, as it is our "responsibility to find practical solutions to the environmental problems we have inherited". Arise, Millenials, arise!

Please excuse the sardony, it's getting late, and I didn't get the game I wanted for Christmas. I'll be sincere for a moment, because this article did get me thinking about the way older generations might think differently about COP21. This is particularly topical, given that the winter holiday period is considered a time for friends and family to come together. Let me know; in your conversations with those closest to you, do you ever discuss environmentalism? If so, do you see any difference in the attitudes between your contemporaries and your elders with regard to issues such as climate change, land use, and biodiversity?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I definitely see the difference I'm attitude! My grandparents have no idea nor interest in the area, my parents like to sweep it under the carpet a bit and say all the flooding is just natural, and all my siblings and friends care a lot. Maybe that's just the circles I walk in, but I'm sure it must be a fairly common theme. Although, saying this, a lot of older generations I interact with through work definitely have a lot to say, but they are environmentalists after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete